Thursday, December 6, 2007

Helping others with Photography


Update: I have received feedback from them
"
I had no Idea it would be even close to that fixable! My mom cried when she saw it, it meant a lot to her just to have one picture!" What other compliment could a person ask for? I felt very gratifying. RIP Mayday 1996-2007

Ever thought about your hobby turn out to be helpful to other people?? At least I didn't... until yesterday.

*Side Story, skip if you like*
Let me back track a little, let me talk about facebook... I must admit I didn't find the idea of making friends over internet a overly thrill idea. The idea of facebook is neat, but I didn't buy it at the beginning... I started using it after my e-mail box were bombarded by so many of my contacts inviting me to join this site. First couple of month, I treated it as the tool to see the latest status of friends haven't contact (& still hasn't) for long time.

Things started changing when I discover use of group function... eventually I joined a photography group and begin share my works with fellow amateur photographers. I started to contribute to the group through sharing my own work, commenting and leaving feedback to questions asked. I really enjoyed it. I suppose some of you would ask, why not choose Flickr, or Deviant Art other much well known website for arts/photography? Well, maybe I liked the community like environment in facebook group? I had made freinds who are from Egypt, Swiss land, China and so on who share similar interest and all are learning.
*Side story ends*

A facebook friend who just started her photography hobby asked for my help in salvaging one of the very few photos (the photos are
all blurred or out of focus) her family had with their dog, Mayday, which passed away just very recently. She and her husband is very attached to her and would like to have a printable version to put beside its urn.

Such an honour has bestow upon me and I felt very happy to be able to help... A Random act of Kindness eh ?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow... that is a touching story. Reminds me of a photography group in the US that focuses on the babies who are not likely to survive... they get called into the hospital to get a few last shot of the baby with the parents... so that they will have something to remember the brief life of their child.... very touching stories...